Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fractured Photo Quilt for DonnE




I attended the Columbia River Quilt Guild this morning (5/21/11) where I picked up the next two installments that were ready for my Fractured Quilt!!  
At the same time, I delivered the four sections I'd finished for Jackie, Nona, Cheryl & Mary.
I have to say that if you don't know (haven't seen) the original photo, these sections don't make any since - at least not right now! 
But, I have to tell you that I am VERY pleased with what's been done so far....only one more section to wait for and then I'll start to  assemble it.  I did get to see a small portion of the final unfinished section and it's going to be GREAT with what has already been done. 
I am happy.


I've replaced the original photo that was in this spot - it was too washed out.  
This is closer to the real coloring which is richer in tones.
This is the first two sections of my Fractured quilt that I have joined together.  
I'm in a group of 5 women that we are each doing one section for each persons quilt/wall hanging.  
That means that I have 5 different 'sections' to complete....one for each person....including myself.
We each had a photo that we chose.  It was then enlarged to about poster size (give or take a foot or two!) in black and white.  That was then dissected into 5 parts. (one for each person in the group).  In each packet that I received, there was the black and white enlarged section along with a regular sized color copy of the original photo.  Some included fabrics which gives the color tones to work with and to help give a consistency among the 5 sections.  We can add more fabrics as needed.
When the sections are completed, we will exchange them and assemble them back into a replica of the original picture.  
This is going to be a long process.  Our due date is the end of July to have all sections returned to the owners.  We then have until the end of August to complete our own personal one.  These are scheduled to be hung September 15, 16, 17 - 2011 at the 'Columbia River Gorge Quilt Guild' Quilt Show which will be held in Stevenson, Washington.
www.gorgequiltersquild.org

I keep looking at these two adjoined sections and I think I will add some overlay pieces to help make the transition a little softer.  I have also decided that I'm going to wait until I receive the other 3 sections before going any further with this.  So until that happens.....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment